Once again the holiday season starts early in Manhattan Beach with the 20th holiday open house and the 25th Annual Pier Lighting. This is a great community event in which many/most of the stores and restaurants open their doors and offer various treats and goodies. It is the chance to see friends and neighbors in a pedestrian friendly environment and a great way to kick off the holiday season. In addition to the small town feel of the event, it’s also the night in which the iconic Manhattan Beach pier gets lit up to look like a Christmas tree and the pier is lined with Christmas trees making it the centerpiece of the local holiday scene.
Date: November 19, 2014
Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM PST
The Holiday Open House is your downtown local restaurants’, retail stores’ and businesses’ way of saying thank you to our customers and community for their support and patronage throughout the year. Come celebrate our annual Holiday Open House together with the City of Manhattan Beach Pier Lighting Ceremony. Downtown merchants will be open until 9:00 PM and are sure to offer some distinctive gifts and intriguing offers this holiday season. Our restaurants will be serving their original menus and some sampling is sure to get your palette started for an evening of wonderful food.
The evening includes:
6:00 PM Pier Lighting Ceremony with live entertainment
- Mayor will flip the switch at 7:00 PM and illuminate the Pier with holiday lights
- Carolers and strolling musicians throughout the entire downtown
- Santa and his helpers will be located at the Bank of America parking lot from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Live entertainment at the Metlox Plaza from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Bring your kids and don’t forget your shopping list.